Saturday, March 6, 2010

Wedding Inspiration

Our venue is the Valley Green Inn in Wissahickon Park. We're planning things for May 2011, when everything will be lush and green.


Some inspiration and possible purchases or DIY projects. All photos link back to where I originally found them.

I like bunting flags. I made a bunch of Christmas ones for myself and a friend this past year. They're so easy to make, to personalize and effortlessly adds color and interest to a setting. They're also super cheap to produce!


This is a photo of a particular favorite bouquet that Brendan bought me last Summer from our farmer's market flower people, Triple Tree Flowers. They're going to be our florist. We're planning a trip to their flower farm for this May.


Petal paper cones for post-ceremony celebration. These are super easy to make too and can be personalized with any kind of paper and ribbon or whatever details. I've seen ones where folks take their "wedding logo", print them onto cardstock, cut them and tape or glue the logos to the cones, making them super personalized and thematically cohesive. I like the idea of having folks throw petals instead of rice or something. I wouldn't mind getting petals in my hair, but I'd definitely not want bread crumbs or rice or something like that getting on me.


I'm excited about these rustic wood cake stands. Even if I find a felled tree and slice off a few logs and level them, it'd be perfect. The first photo links to DIY directions. So simple and stylish, while super cheap to make.



I found this invite online. It was kind of serendipitous because a few weeks before I found it I thought that the perfect invite for our wedding would be something based off of a planter's wheel (these wheels have the months of the year on the outer ring and the window shows the corresponding plants that should be planted when). Since Brendan and I are avid gardeners, this sort of design is in keeping with who we are. I also really like faux bois and woodsy things (obviously) and when I saw this invite, I thought to myself how it was like this couple (who has their own design company) was looking inside my brain! They did a beautiful job and I have reverse-engineered this invite for myself, after asking them permission that I could basically rip-off their idea. They were super nice about it and flattered that I thought the design was so wonderful. Click on the image to see their design website and more about their one-off wedding invites. So perfect!


This is an album made by this Etsy artist who lives in Latvia. I've contacted her about making a larger format album for our own wedding & honeymoon photos. What a beautiful keepsake this will make! And of course, in keeping with the wood grain & nature theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment