Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fueling the Fundraising Fire

Today I received my first 3Day donation from a total stranger (a friend of a friend who'd seen I was doing this walk via Facebook). I thanked her for deciding to support me out of everyone else and she shared her story:
Her mother had recently passed away due to cancer (breast and others). She herself has put together a cancer non-profit that holds a major fundraising/awareness event each year.
And I cried when I read her email. It wasn't a long email, it was simply and matter-a-factly stated, but I cried anyway. I couldn't help thinking of my own mother and my sisters.
So this has just fueled me further. Once I've raise my bare minimum of $2300, I'm going to up my goal to $3000. If I get there, my goal will just keep rising until my walk weekend in October. It's really all any of us can do, to feel a sense of control and contribution; to at least know we're doing something to create something positive out of negative things.

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Philadelphia 3-Day for the Cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment